3.17.2014

Ghost in the soul


It was the mention of Negadon: The Monster From Mars in an e-mail to a buddy in the UK earlier today that caused me to remember the 2011 teaser for Soul Man. But I had no memory of the film's title. All I could think to Google was "french animated blaxploitation" and -- SHAZAM! -- the main character was there before me in all her afro-haired glory.

"Set in an alternate world built on two levels, 'Soul Man' turns on a former Polish detective entangled in a shady multi-billion-dollar biotech deal -- the key to which is a baby girl the detective is asked to look after."

According to the original 2011 posts, this gorgeous-looking project from French animator Guillaume Ivernel and his Paris-based production house, Blacklight Movies, was originally slated for 2014 release date. Well, it's now 2014 and it will really make my "soul glow" if it does come out this year.


No comments: