1.31.2011

Don't Call it a Comeback


Don't Call it a Comeback

I have not been away from the zine scene by any means. In fact, it was only a few months ago that
Octopussy #1 was completed. But it has been some time–nearly four years–since the last issue of Kung Fu Grip! was made. So I am happy to say that KFG!4 has been printed, proofed and prepped for the photocopier.

As mentioned in a previous post, this issue of
Kung Fu Grip! is a 28-page freebie. It contains both new and some old material, but nothin' that appeared previously in zine form.

For years I've wanted to make an issue of KFG! that had fewer pages than the 56-page beasts that I usually commit myself to producing. Just something that I could offer in trade to other zine makers, and give away to people who are simply zine readers–as well as to people who may have no idea about the existence of this photocopied art form.

So my ultimate goal was to make a free issue that could serve as an introduction to my zines for the average zine reader and an introduction to zine culture for everyone else. The fourth issue of KFG! is my attempt to accomplish that, and I honestly think it's right on the button–like an Ali punch.

Also mentioned in the previous blog post was the fact that KFG!5 was being worked on in tandem with issue 4. There's still a lot of writing that needs to be done for the fifth issue, but I have more than enough time to get it done by the anticipated March release date. And when it's done, it's gonna knock you out.



No comments: