9.07.2010

Afrodisiac "Quatro"


Bebel Gilberto - All Around (Telefon Tel Aviv Remix)

It just occurred to me to mention how, as it is with a lot of other creative types, music plays a tremendously big part in my creative process. There were a number of songs that I listened to while workin' on the Afrodisiac piece, but none more so than Bebel Gilberto's "All Around." The Telefon Tel Aviv Remix (above) is my favorite take on the song, but I also reverted back to the original version to prevent myself from overdoing it on the one I really wanted to hear.

I would say that I couldn't even begin to guess exactly how many times these songs were played as I worked, but I don't have to guess at all. I just checked the number of plays in iTunes, and it seems that the regular version was played 32 times, and the remixed version was played 64 times (exactly twice as many times as the other).

If something is working for me, I obviously stay with it. And even though I'm now done with the piece, it seems very likely that those aforementioned numbers will rise a few more digits before the night is out.

No comments: